I am the mother of many and the kisser of my husband. I love cooking, baking, chocolate dipping and just food in general. I am excited to share the wonderful recipes I have collected with you. I won't post any recipe that isn't down right fabulous. Why waste your time with anything less? You can also find me at jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com

Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe

Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe

cookie bars recipe

When you hear the words “Sugar Cookie”do you get a little overwhelmed? Do you feel a little whoozie thinking  of an all day project in the kitchen?

You know how a sugar cookie project goes.

You can see it in your minds eye…. flour and dough flying everywhere with candy sprinkles and frosting  stuck from here to tin buck too.  If you have the patience of a mighty she-ra and want to participate in that kind of activity (I have to admit, I do love a good sugar cookie project! Twice a year does me up just fine) you can click here to find my fabulous sugar cookie recipe. If you are in the mood to save your patience for filling Easter eggs, and shopping for cute Easter dresses then I have the recipe for you ladies! This Sugar Cookie Bars recipe will have you whistling Dixie in no time. Your kids will love them just as much as the cut out kind…and you will have your sanity intact and ready to take on the world. That is something to be grateful for.

Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe

1/2 C butter softened

4 oz cream cheese, softened

3 1/2 C powdered sugar

3-5 T milk

1 t vanilla

food coloring

1. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and egg  until nice and frothy. About 4 minutes.

2. Add the vanilla and almond extract and beat for 1 minute more.

3. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix them around so that all ingredients are well incorporated.

4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat for about 2 minutes.

5. Press the dough into a large jelly roll (cookie sheet) pan.

6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

7. Let the pan cool completely.

8. Time to make the frosting! In a medium sized bowl (or your stand mixer) combine the butter and cream cheese. Beat for about 2 minutes.

9. Add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Mix for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.

10. Frost your pan of cookies. Cut the cookies into bars and serve!

As a fun decorative option, you could pipe a bit of white frosting onto the cookie bars. Just take about 1/4 of the frosting out of the mixer before you add the food coloring. Put the white frosting into to sandwich sized zip loc bag. Carefully snip the tip and pipe some fun decorations onto the bars.

sugar cookie bars recipe

Happy children from our neighborhood! They gave these Sugar Cookie Bars the double thumbs up, I bet yours will too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Kristine 03/27/2010 at 3:13 pm

Oh I CAN NOT wait to make these. I am one of those who gets overwhelmed with the thought of sugar cookies but crave them all the time! You are as FABULOUS as this recipe MIss Jamie!!!

2. erica_f 03/28/2010 at 3:37 am

Yumm-o! Totally going to try these since I love cut-out cookies but am totally inept at them.

3. Sylvia 03/30/2010 at 1:22 pm

All I had to read was almond extract. YUMMY!

4. TK 03/31/2010 at 5:27 pm

Jamie,

Just wanted to let you know I tried the Sugar Cookie Bars, and they are absolutely delicious. Whipped them up in no time. Probably won't be making sugar cookies too often anymore. Thanks for the recipe!!

5. amyallenjohnson 04/03/2010 at 3:18 am

Great idea! I think we're going to save Grandma Katy a few hours in the kitchen if we can try this project with the grandkids instead! Yeah! Same yumminess and more time for playing! Thanks for sharing

6. Bentfeather 04/12/2010 at 7:19 pm

Hey Great Idea!! I hate to make the sugar cookies. The roll them out part.. But I love to let the grandkids put fun things on top. and add their own touch to each one. This works for me!! Less time and just as much fun.. And the grandkids enjoy it to. Thanks A Bunch! Have A Great Fun Fill Day!

7. Bridget 05/12/2010 at 3:46 am

Made them tonight. Delicious!Two problems: makes so many, I gave to three neighbors so that I wouldn't eat them all and I should have only used 3T of milk in the frosting. It was a little runny. Still delicious!

8. Estelle Girard 05/24/2010 at 12:00 pm

It looks like most of your recipes are just great…however…where is the print option for these recipes?

9. Gigi Griffis 04/16/2011 at 9:52 am

I love these cookies and have already made them and bloged about how good they are!! Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe!

10. JaNean Nelson 04/28/2011 at 4:13 pm

My dear friend Amy (post above) brought me some. Good thing there wasn’t a whole pan or I would have eaten the whole thing. These are delicious! I will be making them for a family party this weekend.

11. Jen 05/04/2011 at 5:29 am

Yum! Those look too beautiful to eat!

12. Pingback: Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars | Amanda's Cookin'

13. It’s really a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

14. Pingback: Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Bars

15. Pingback: Butter Cookies Recipe « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

16. Jendi 03/28/2013 at 10:23 am

You described exactly how I feel about sugar cookies. I love making cookies in pans; I even dump my chocolate chip cookie dough into a pan. Thanks for sharing!

17. Pingback: Fantastic Four Thing FRIDAY!! | Triathlete Treats

18. Pingback: Recipe for The Best Cookie Bars in the World, aka Fudgy Wuggies - Utah Mama

19. Melanie 02/21/2014 at 12:58 pm

I’m so excited to try these. Love sugar cookies, but dislike rolling and cutting. Plus cream cheese and almond extract, YUM! Just one question, what size cookie sheet/jelly roll pan? Thanks!