You know those recipes you rip out of your favorite magazines, the ones you can’t wait to try and to your amazement they’re delicious. Sunset provided me with one just experience. Hit the farmers market for some fresh blueberries and you are good to go.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained, or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups plus one tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a small bowl, gently mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour.
3. In another bowl, blend remaining 2 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. In a third, large bowl, whisk bananas, buttermilk, butter, and egg to blend. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until evenly moistened; the batter will be stiff. Gently stir in blueberry mixture.
5. Spread batter level in a buttered 5- by 9-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake bread in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.