Mama of 3. Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

My Voo Doo Witch Doctor

My 20-month-old daughter is allergic to nearly everything on the planet.  We have no history of allergies in my family. I’ve not a clue how I grew her such a mutated little immune system.  I think for now I’m blaming it on some sort of high frequency electromagnetic waves coming from my iPhone. In short, maybe I electrocuted her with my cell phone while she was cooking in my belly.

Her list of allergies looked a little something like this: dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, corn oats, rice, sugar, honey, peaches, pears, berries, grass, dust mites, preservatives, environmental allergens, carpet, etc. etc. etc.

Extreme “Atopic Dermatitis” or “Eczema” is what my doctors diagnosed her with.  But surprise, surprise when I cut the things out of her diet that I suspected she had aversions to – her skin improved.  And by the way by eczema – I mean skin that felt like sandpaper and oozed all over. It looked angry.  She was about 4 months old when I really caught on to all of this.  When I put her on a hypoallergenic formula it almost completely cleared up her skin. But what was I going to do when she needed to eat real food? You can’t drink Allimentum forever . . . (on top of the fact that it made her diapers smell like a 90 year old man with moth balls). Plus, we called the stuff “Liquid Gold” as we were spending $300-400 a month on it.

We limited her diet, I looked at lots of different kinds of doctors and solutions.  There was a guy in my neighborhood that was allergic to the sun.  Yes, as in the sunshine.  The big ball of fire that lives in the sky that you can’t get away from.  He had to mow his lawn in a bee suit and couldn’t coach his kids games.  He sounded a bit like my little one with his long list of allergies.  But he got rid of them – and he told me how.

There is a treatment out there called NAET – you can check out their website for more information.  But in short – everything has an electromagnetic field to it.  Your body either accepts or rejects that field or frequency.  If you can get your body to accept that specific charge/frequency you should be able to eliminate the symptoms or affect that the allergen has on your body.

To do that, you treat each specific allergen with a mix of acupressure and little glass viles charged with the frequency that you’ve got a problem with and you reset your system to accept whatever the allergen or frequency is.  I know – it makes no sense – that’s why I call Dr. Anderson my voo-doo witch doctor – because somehow it makes it easier to explain. But it worked for my neighbor who was allergic to the sun, and it’s working for my little girl in amazing ways.  I just wish that my NAET doctor had a more mystical sounding name than Tom Anderson.  Really, that’s kind of boring once I cast him as my voo doo witch doctor.  I think he should change his name to something that sounds cooler, like a shaman from the far East.

So in short – my little girl might break out in a rash or a bout of horrible skin from peaches.  We go see Dr. Anderson and he clears her for peaches.  Her rash clears up starting as soon as he is done treating her, and usually within 24 hours she can eat whatever item she has been cleared for (in this case peaches) again with no ill affects.  We’re adding new foods to her diet every week that she couldn’t eat before.

Most NAET physician’s do a free consultation.  If you are in Utah and looking for someone, check out: Dr. Tom Anderson: 801.272.9989

If you’ve got an open mind and any unresolved health issues you should check it out.

And for full disclosure: NAET nor Dr. Anderson did not have any part in me writing this post aside from the fact that we are regular patients.  But I’m obviously a big fan.  I’ve referred loads of people and the great thing is that I’ve seen them all have a lot of success – from hayfever to depression to A.D.D. to skin issues.

AND – I’m always up for a good voo doo witch doctor. If you are up to something fabulous or have a great alternative therapy that you’ve tried please do share. ☺

Tags: , , , ,

1. Lizstamper 09/09/2010 at 12:15 pm

Hey Rach,

I watch my friends baby that is on that formula right now. He is almost four months old. Man it sure does make their Poo stink… He had lots of tummy woes when he was first born and then they tried this and made him much happier… You are right it is very expensive this formula. they have found it cheaper to buy in Canada. So her parents live there right now and send her cases of it…

I remember you talking about this doctor a while back… I am going to have to keep him in mind for other people and also for the near future.

Hope all is well!

Liz

2. Lizstamper 09/09/2010 at 6:15 pm

Hey Rach,

Hope all is well!

Liz

3. Kabi Eaton 09/10/2010 at 10:40 am

Rachael, after all these months I finally booked an appointment. Thanks for sharing this special deal with us.

I hope things are well with you. I'm sending good vibes to you and your family.

Cheers,

Kabi (a.k.a Groovy Girl Scout)

4. erinoltmanns 09/12/2010 at 12:31 am

I remember how bad her Eczema was…and to this day when I see her, I am amazed at how much she has improved. Voo Doo Witch Doctor, FTW!

5. erinoltmanns 09/12/2010 at 6:31 am

6. Marie 09/13/2010 at 9:26 am

Ha! My family had a guy we called the “witch doctor”!! But this Dr. Anderson sounds like even more of a healer. I'm going to share this with my sister who's son sounds like your daughter!!!

7. Marie 09/13/2010 at 3:26 pm

8. Pingback: Cure for allergies? « « Utah Mama Utah Mama

9. Pingback: Dairy Allergy Alternatives for Kids « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

10. Carolin 09/24/2012 at 12:54 pm

Medical Reflexology!!! I don’t know that it will help with food allergies, but the lady that I go to (in PA) was the first to non-chemically reset my cycle in 18 years, fixed an aching shoulder, helped me find the reason for shoulder pain when it reoccurred (pinched nerve in my neck), found my sinus related seasonal allergies and fixed the headache associated with it. Since then, based on her advice I’ve cured my own sinus infections and helped friends deal with their migraine issues (just wrap your big toe with something cold and wait max 5 mins…try it). 🙂

• Rachael Herrscher 09/24/2012 at 1:47 pm

So funny! I was literally googling for a good reflexologist this morning! Have an appt. this weekend!

• Sona 12/04/2016 at 10:17 pm

Can you share her contacts please

11. Carolin 09/27/2012 at 9:40 pm

It’s fantastic!!! Drink lots of water that day and don’t be surprised if you have to interrupt the session to use the bathroom. Lol. My lady is amazing and she’s just so cool! I hope they’re all like that. 😉

Good luck and enjoy!

12. Milk Allergy Rash 07/09/2013 at 7:41 pm

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking the
    time and actual effort to make a top notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and don’t seem to get anything done.

13. Lili 01/05/2014 at 4:02 am

Does this witch Doctor remove spells,hexes,curses,brainwashing & all that nasty stuff? Or does he use herbs only? I have been a victum for almost five years & i know for a fact this is NOT a medical issue. I really need someone in the bay area. ASAP. PLEASE.

• Rachael 01/24/2014 at 4:51 pm

No hexes and curses 😉 I would definitely recommend. You also have to have some sort of medical degree (MD, NP, Chiropractor, etc.) to be a provider. Look at NAET.com to find a provider in the Bay Area. Good luck!

14. Anne 01/24/2014 at 11:00 am

Do you still recommend Dr. Anderson for NAET treatments? Where in Utah is he located?

• Rachael 01/24/2014 at 4:50 pm

Definitely! He is in SLC – on Highland Drive just South of 4500 South. He’s fantastic and I would recommend to anyone!