I am a mother to two awesome kids, and have been married to my favorite hubby (okay, my only hubby, but still my favorite!) since October 1999. Our favorite thing to do is get out of the house and find adventures! I am the founder and creator of Enjoy Utah!, a site dedicated to helping families get out of the house and see all that Utah has to offer! I contribute as a blog writer for the Salt Lake Visitors Bureau, and also write CityGuides for SheKnows.com.. I am excited to be a part of Today's Mama! I co-own a DJ Business with my hubby, and also do the online marketing and manage the blog and social media for Gines Auto Service.

Family Vacation Series: Bear Lake

If you are wanting a vacation with white sandy beaches and clear blue/green water, you don’t have to travel out of Utah! Bear Lake has all of this and more! It is one of my all-time favorite vacation spots!

WHERE TO STAY:
With campsites on the beach, or hotels nearby, there are many options for lodging. (I personally love the camping aspect of Bear Lake, especially on the beach!) View the map of Bear Lake to plan what you want to do, then where you want to stay according to your activities.

WHAT TO DO WHILE THERE:
There are many things to do at Bear Lake, depending on the time of year you go. My favorite time to go is summertime, when you can play on the beach and play in the water. There are many vendors that will rent out boats, jet skis, etc.  Cave exploration and bicycling are also popular activities. View the map of Bear Lake to plan what you want to do, then where you want to stay according to your activities.

Bear Lake always has a full event calendar year-round. Here are some of their more popular events:

Make sure that while you are there, you stop at the Hometown Drive-In in Garden City for a raspberry shake!

HOW TO GET THERE:
From Salt Lake City, Bear Lake is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. From Salt Lake City, take I-15 north until you reach the signs towards Logan. Follow the signs to Logan, then proceed towards Garden City. Garden City is located on the shores of Bear Lake.
View Larger Map

For more Family Vacation Ideas, visit our Family Vacation Series page!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. carriefinlinson@yahoo.com 04/25/2011 at 3:21 pm

Our family loves Bear Lake! One of the best things about it is the PATH that goes all around the little city. Your whole family can bike and run together for a long time. Thanks for the post.

2. Pingback: Zermatt Resort and Spa in MIdway Utah Mama

3. Lester 08/21/2014 at 4:08 pm

I visit daily a few blogs and blogs to read articles or reviews, but this web
    site provides quality based writing.

4. living with kp free 08/22/2014 at 1:40 pm

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am in fact happy to read
    everthing at alone place.

5. webgarden.com 08/29/2014 at 1:13 pm

Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your
    site. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off,
    I’d absolutely love to write some material for your
    blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send
    me an email if interested. Many thanks!

6. stop snoring mouth guard snore guard 08/30/2014 at 5:14 pm

It gets worse when these three are combined together so it
    is best to change your lifestyle, quit the habit and lose some weight.
    Intuitively we all know what snoring is or at least
    what it sounds like. Poor posture couldresult in tension headache symptoms as this
    leads to back and neck pains, which in turn lead to unbearable headaches.

7. diet pills that actually work 08/30/2014 at 8:38 pm

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you, However I am encountering issues with your RSS.
    I don’t know why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there
    anybody having the same RSS problems? Anyone who knows the
    solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

8. best pregnancy test 08/31/2014 at 12:51 am

Online buyers are the first thing in the fertility awareness past few weeks, after
    ovulation, 50 mIU. So what does it say, which is trying to.
    Otherwise, you have just been way too hydrated and peed clear all
    day, writes one woman from Florida. At the earliest fertility awareness results.
    There are so concerned is because the woman enough to detect pregnancy as the name of the hormone that is only for confirmation. The pregnancy test you
    prefer. This hormone is detected by the placenta during pregnancy fertility awareness period.

9. vegetarian muscle building 09/02/2014 at 4:26 am

I used to be suggested this blog by my cousin. I am no longer positive whether this submit is written via him
    as no one else recognise such unique approximately my difficulty.
    You’re amazing! Thanks!

10. lingerie lingerie 09/03/2014 at 11:35 pm

You really make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I find this topic to be really something that I believe I would by no means understand.
    It kind of feels too complicated and very large for me. I am having a look
    ahead to your subsequent submit, I’ll try to get the dangle of it!

11. voyance en ligne 09/26/2014 at 11:51 am

Good post. I’m facing a few of these issues
    as well..

12. www.youtube.com 09/26/2014 at 3:05 pm

Read this incredible website and bought a steam shower and never gazed backwards, terrific info on this site can not thank you enough