Looking for a perfect way to celebrate back to school? Broadway’s Mary Poppins is coming to Capitol Theatre September 1st- 25th. And what’s even better– Utah Mamas can take their kiddos to see it for half the price.
Here’s the details:
1. Right now, Zions Broadway Across America Utah is offering tickets 2 for 1 for the following shows:
- September 1st Matinee–Original price $62.50 and $42.50. With offer $31.25 and $21.25.
- September 3rd Evening–Original price $85 and $65. With offer $42.50 and $32.50.
- September 4th Matinee– Original price $85 and $65. With offer $42.50 and $32.50
- September 4th Evening–Original price $75 and $55. With offer $37.50 and $27.50
2. You can purchase tickets through Art Tix. Just enter in “utahmama” as the discount code.
Last summer my husband and I took our daughter to see Mary Poppins in New York City. Growing up, I watched the Julie Andrews version so often on our VCR when I was growing up, I thought I would have the whole thing memorized. But watching Mary Poppins on stage with my daughter was like watching it for the first time. The Broadway version does not leave out a single favorite song and then adds so many new ones. It also tells the familiar story in a new way—adding fresh insights and dimensions to the characters.
But who am I kidding? The real reason everyone goes is to see the Chimney Sweep dance number and Mary Poppins flying across the theatre. It’s just plain fun no matter how old you are.
How lucky to have Broadway come to us. And for a whole month. I’m looking forward to seeing it again.