Carrie has four daughters and runs Write On! Workshops--a summer writing camp for children.

Valentine Box Ideas

Around February 12th, my children usually go into a panic trying to figure out a great Valentine box for elementary school. Some teachers make it a competition, which adds lots of extra adrenaline to the project. Here are a few Valentine box ideas I am gathering in an effort to cancel out the stress!

First, is a bird house Valentine Box from Make it Do. Cute and easy.

My girls wouldn’t be into this one, but I like this monster idea from Last Minute Mel.

Here is a Valentine tree box from Make it Do.

A few years ago, my daughter made this i-Pod Valentine Box for school using a cereal box and silver spray paint. She was seriously crushed it didn’t win the competition!

Here’s a simple and adorable Valentine Box made from a good old shoe box. This one is from Nathan’s Prayer (and adds extra special meaning to Valentine’s Day!)

Check out this ultra-professional Valentine Box from Family Fun. Creating this one would take some serious parent intervention.

Here’s the end of my Valentine Box tour. It’s a Crocodile from HP Creative Studio and less complicated than you might think. All the pieces are printable templates. If it’s 9:00 p.m. on February 13th, this one might totally be the way to go.

More on Today’s Mama:

Holiday Hair How To’s

My one little word for 2012

Holiday subway art

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , ,

1. Amy Allen Johnson 01/25/2012 at 9:38 am

Woah, glad that my kids’ bags are still teacher-provided at this age. Cute ideas though!

2. Pingback: Valentine for Kids: Crayon Hearts TodaysMama

3. Michelle Powell 01/27/2012 at 7:44 am

This used to be my favorite part of Valentines Day when I was a kid. I ALWAYS made a “ghetto blaster” and where the cassette deck was is where you put the valentines. Fun ideas!

4. Sue 02/02/2012 at 8:38 am

Hi Carrie! I’m submitting for my sister now. I saw this on your FB page. I’m going to use one of your ideas for my son! Thanks! I just submitted this to the M&T Spotlight http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

5. Pingback: Saturday Spotlight: Valentine’s Day Projects | Make and Takes

6. Erica Fehrman 02/07/2012 at 6:22 am

Love the ipod! Very cute ideas!

7. Pingback: Printable Valentines « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

8. Pingback: Valentine Boxes for School TodaysMama

9. Valentine Gifts 01/19/2013 at 10:05 am

Your articles are more than wow!

10. Pingback: 5 Valentine Date Ideas Around Salt Lake City « « Utah Mama Utah Mama

11. Pingback: A Valentine Story Your Kids Will Love « « Utah Mama Utah Mama

12. OwlLuv 02/09/2013 at 9:23 am

I made a rapunzels tower once. The tower was a Quaker oats box, rapunzel and prince were clothespin dolls, rapunzel was hanging out of hole in tower. His horse was tied to a tree. Pieces of fuzz from yarn were flowers on green paper, and green yarn was ivy on castle walls. I won 3rd place.

13. poo 02/13/2013 at 7:07 pm

dear Utah mama,
    I hate your website my daughter that’s in fifth grade cant find one valentines box that she likes she wants a porcupine

p.s. get it to me or else!!!!

• poo 02/13/2013 at 7:08 pm

poo that is not very nice,
      she does what she can and please except that

thanx,
      joycee

14. supra skytop 05/17/2013 at 5:54 pm

Actually no matter if someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other people that they will assist, so here it happens.