Utah Lake Festival
Saturday June 2, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Utah Lake State Park
4400 West Center Street
Provo, UT 84601-9715
The festival will offer Wasatch Front residents a chance to get outside and enjoy Utah Lake, experience its many recreational opportunities and offerings and learn about the lake’s ecosystem, native species and the importance of stewardship. There will be activities for everyone. Admission and activities are absolutely FREE.
- Free food: hot dogs, popcorn, and water for festival attendees (food also available to purchase)
- Live music by Sarah Sample
- Games and activities for kids
- Free fishing day: free fishing poles and bait available to use at the Festival that day
- Boat rides
- Sailboat regatta
- Boat making demonstration
- Hay rides
- Water equipment rentals (kayaks, jet skis, paddle boats, etc…)
There will also be storytelling at the festival
Funny folktales, family stories, and fishy fabrications.
Have you ever wondered…
Does the Utah Lake monster really exist? What were showboat excursions like back in the day when visitors to Utah Lake would enjoy music and dancing while making their way to Bird Island? Why does the June sucker have such a funny looking mouth?
Find out the answers to these questions – and listen to stories about the history of Utah Lake and its surroundings – as locally renowned storyteller Steffani Raff entertains children and adults alike at the upcoming Utah Lake Festival. Steffani is sure to spark the imaginations of all who listen to her captivating tales – whether they are fact or fiction!