During this spooky time of year, it’s fun to learn about Utah Mysteries and Urban Legends. What are some of your favorite urban legends surrounding Utah? Leave a comment below and tell us! Below are a few of my favorites. Click on the title to read all about that legend:
- Bear Lake Monster
- Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid (There is a man named Hyrum Beebe that claims he was The Sundance Kid. He is buried at the Salt Lake City Cemetery. Visit his grave on a self-guided tour of the Salt Lake Cemetery.)
- Emo’s Grave
- Gravity Hill
- What became of Jean Baptiste, Salt Lake City Cemetery Grave Robber?
- Lost Rhoades Mine
- Mt Timpanogos “Sleeping Princess”
- Saltair Sally – UPDATE! Remains have been identified
- What is the “13” on top of the mountain above Tooele?
- Why does the Great Salt Lake stink?
- 666 Victim of the Beast Grave – There is a grave at the Salt Lake City Cemetery marked “666 Victim Of The Beast”. What do you think it means? Leave your theories below!
More Spooky Historical Fun:
- Park City Ghost Tours
- Grimm Ghost Tours
- Salt Lake Cemetery Self-Guided Tour
- Mercur Cemetery
- Utah Ghost Towns
Tags: 666 victim of the beast, bear lake monster, emo's grave, gravity hill, gravity hill utah, hobbitville, hobbitville utah, jean baptiste, lost rhoades mine, mount timpanogos legend, mountain 13 in erda, mountain 13 in stansbury park, mountain 13 in tooele county, salt lake cemetery grave robber, saltair sally, urban legends, utah mysteries, utah urban legends, why does the great salt lake stink