1. ICE SKATING–The few times my husband and I have skated together have reminded me of “couples skating” at the roller rink from when I was a little girl. I think it could make for a fun Valentine date. Try the Salt Lake County Ice Center for indoor skating or the Gallivan Center for outdoor skating.
2. INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING–There is something awesome about belaying each other up and down a rock wall. We are big fans of Momentum Climbing.
3. SKI and STAY–By far the best “date” my husband and I have ever been on together is when we skied the day at Snowbird and then stayed the night. We skied right into the lodge, dropped off our skies and went to the hot tub. If you ever can find a way to make it happen, it’s a super fun date.
4. PRIVATE MOVIE SEATING–If you want to make “dinner and movie” something really cool, pay a little extra for the VIP Theatre at the Megaplex. You sit in an intimate theatre with a big screen and can have your dinner brought right to you.
5. VALENTINE COOKING FOR TWO– A cooking class is one of the best Valentine Date ideas I’ve ever done. You cook together with instruction from a professional chef in a gourmet kitchen and then feast on your labors. Look at the offerings from Sur La Table at the Gateway, Harmon’s at City Creek, or Taste Culinary Boutique at Gardner Village.
MORE ON TODAY’S MAMA