Need a fun family activity to give your weekend a boost? Check out this film festival for kids at the Tumbleweeds Film Festival for Children . It is sponsored by the Utah Film Center and a lot like Sundance for families. It’s a whole weekend of movies from around the world you are not likely to have another chance to see.
- Dates: March 15-17, 2013
- Cost: $6 for films, $7.50 for opening night films, workshops for $32.50.
- Special offer: For a limited time, you can buy 10 tickets for $40.00. Check it out here.
- Place: Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center 138 W. Broadway, Salt Lake City, UT, 84105
Films that sound fun to me:
- The Famous Five: Three siblings, their cousin and a canine companion become summertime sleuths in this adaptation of the Enid Blyton novels. (Ages 7+, Saturday, March 16 at 4:30 p.m.)
- Lotte and the Moonstone Secret: In their last adventure, Klaus and his friend Fred and Ville took three stones from a secret temple. What they didn’t know is that the stones are the only way for the Moon Rabbits to get back home. (Age 4+ Saturday, March 16th at 11:00 a.m.)
- A Monster in Paris: A shy movie projectionist and a colorful inventor find themselves embarking on the hunt for a monster with a big-hearted star of the Rare Bird cabaret, an eccentric scientist and his irascible monkey. (Ages 6+, Friday March 15th at 7:00 p.m.)
There are at least 12 more film festival for kids movies showing at the Tumbleweeds for Children this year. For a complete listing and to watch trailers, go to Tumbleweeds Film Festival.
More on Today’s Mama