Sometimes you just need a little heaven in your life. Make these. They’ll bring heaven to your kitchen and your mouth and your tummy. They will basically make all your wildest dreams come true. That is if you have dreams like I do…peanut butter and chocolate dreams. Try them. You won’t be sad, I promise.
Makes a 9×13 pan…you decide how many that serves
- 1 yellow cake mix, unprepared
- 5 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted room temperature butter
- 1-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Combine the cake mix, 5 Tbsp melted butter and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined then stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
2. Place the dough into a greased 9×13 inch pan. Using your hands or the back of a spoon press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
3. Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees F. You’ll want to bake for about 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven, how well done you like your cookies, etc.)
4. Remove from oven and let cool completely (I put mine in the freezer, so I could hurry up and get to the next step).
5. Beat together the peanut butter, 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup powdered sugar until well combined and smooth. Add more powdered sugar as needed to get the consistency you prefer. Set aside.
6. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and add in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate is melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the cooled cookie bars. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Smooth with a spatula and then place the bars in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
8. Cut, serve and enjoy!