First off, I just want to say that this Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing will change the way you think about salad or raw veggies. Salad for dinner? Nah. Salad for dinner with this Tomatillo dressing? Yes, please. There are a lot of different versions of this dressing floating around on the internet but this is my favorite! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 medium tomatillos (they look like little green tomatoes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded
1. Remove the paper husks on the tomatillos and rinse well. They have a little sticky filminess on them, so make sure to rinse that off.
2. Rinse the cilantro and then dry with paper towels (so you don’t add any extra moisture to the dressing).
3. Add ranch dressing, buttermilk, mayo, tomatillos, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno to a blender. Cover the blender and blend until creamy.
4. Serve with salad or use as a dip for raw veggies.
* This dressing is inspired by a local restaurant favorite! Ever wondered how to make Cafe Rio dressing? This is it! Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing inspired by Cafe Rio!