These cookies have quickly become my favorite. The reason? The dough! Oh man, it is the best, most addicting dough ever. (eat at your own risk…it does have uncooked eggs in it.
Also, the cookies are pretty awesome as well! Just don’t over bake them. That is a sin in my house. Over baked crispy cookies are a no no in my family!
These cookies freeze well and are a perfect after school snack. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
My Favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cups real unsalted butter, at room temperature (soft but not melty)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 (12 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 2 cookie sheets by placing a piece of parchment paper on each (the parchment helps the cookies spread and bake evenly).
2. Cream together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter (I like to use my bosch or kitchenaid for this). The mixture should be fluffy and change texture.
3. Add in the eggs and mix for about 30 seconds.
4. Mix in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and flour. Scrape down the sides and mix for 10 seconds more.
5. Mix in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
6. Using a scoop form dough into cookies and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes (do NOT over bake).
8. Let sit for about 2 minutes. Slide the parchment (with cookies still on it) onto a cooling rack. Let cool for several minutes and then enjoy!
Want to see more of the things that I like? Follow me on Pinterest!