When I get an idea for a recipe in my head I can’t stop thinking about it until I make it. This was one of those recipes. I love Nutella and I love all the fresh fruits available this time of year so I decided to combine the two in a delicious fruit pizza. The crust for the pizza is super simple too! It is a cake mix! This recipe can be made from start to finish in about 20 minutes. I will definitely be making this again.
Makes about 10 servings
- 1 yellow cake mix, unprepared
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Bananas and strawberries (or whatever kind of fruit you want to use)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix with a spoon until all combined.
2. Spray a pizza pan with nonstick foil (if you don’t have a pizza pan you can use a cookie pan). Using your palms, spread 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of the pan (the dough will puff up during cooking so I don’t use the full amount).
3. Bake the cookie dough in an 350 degree F preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Cool the cooked crust completely (I put mine in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the process).
5. While crust is cooling, slice up your fruit.
6. When crust is cooled, spread desired amount of Nutella on top of the crust using a knife or a spatula.
7. Top with sliced fruit.
8. Cut the pizza and serve!!
Want to see more of my delicious desserts? Here are some of my favorites…