We wanted to get away for our anniversary, but needed to do so “staycation” style. I’ve been dying to stay at Hotel Monaco so we booked a night! I love their downtown location – we were looking down from our window at the Trax line and were just about a 5 minute walk to the City Creek Center and our favorite Harmons. (If you think it’s weird that I would mention a grocery store, you apparently have not been to the downtown Harmon’s!)
One great thing is that you don’t have to go far (the lobby) to find amazing food. We made dinner reservations at Bambara (one of SLC’s best restaurants) and planned to hit City Creek when we were finished. We needed the walk to City Creek when all was said and done because someone got a little out of hand with the appetizers . . . it’s not my fault!
My insta-food collage does not do the food justice. Chef Nathan Powers has a menu that you can’t go wrong with. Here’s what we ordered:
- Bleu Cheese House Cut Chips: These are a local favorite and I’m embarrassed to say that they were inhaled at our table.
- Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Tartare
- Ruby and Golden Beet Salad
- Blueberry Lemonade: I’ve always loved their flavored lemonades.
- Fjord Salmon
- Cast Iron Seared Chicken & Shrimp
- Creme Brulee: I just spent 10 days between Spain and France. We ordered Creme Brulee everywhere we went in France. Guess what? Bambara’s Creme Brulee officially wins. As you can see by my picture, I apparently could not wait to take a photo before I dove in for bites.
Some of you may have noticed that we are granola fanatics around here at TodaysMama.com. I give the homemade granola at Bambara a 10/10 rating. It might even beat Erin’s recipe. I highly recommend it for your breakfast order!
- Our room attendant left an apple with a hand written note in our room
- The cupboards were stocked with our favorite treats (for a price of course), but they had our favorite selection of goodies!
- A yoga mat in every room free of charge
- Free daytime bike rentals (first come first served basis)
- In-room spa services
- Check out our view! (If I were you I’d request the North-East corner)
Hotel Monaco Deals and Packages
Check out their special promotions. The nightly rates are pretty fantastic and there’s always a little perk involved (“109 & a Bottle of Wine” or packages with meal credits etc.).
Have you taken a mini getaway with your spouse or family? What are your favorite spots? We’d stay at Hotel Monaco again in a heartbeat. It was the perfect mini getaway and we were back in time for swim meets in the morning!
*Disclosure: Hotel Monaco hosted our stay, but the opinions (and undying love for Bambara’s “Bleu Cheese Chips”) are my own.