Since I moved into my new house, which has been about a year, I’ve been wanting to update my bedroom. I decided to go with a bright and cheery yellow complemented with gray and a bit of turquoise. Here’s how it turned out.
1. This cute pillow cover is from an Etsy shop, Deco Mod. It covered my old brown pillow from the top picture perfectly.
2. These beautiful yellow pillows are from Target as well. I thought they were reasonably priced at $16.99 a piece.
3. I decided to go with a white bedspread since I’ll be able to switch out the pillows, curtains and headboard cover in the future with a different color scheme if I want. I also like white because it significantly brightens up the room. I purchased this Better Homes and Gardens bedspread at Walmart for about $80. It is king size, but since my bed is super duper tall the bedspread wasn’t quite long enough. I purchased a plain white bed skirt at Walmart for about $15 and sewed it to the edges of the bedspread so that it would be long enough. Not ideal, but it works.
4. I purchased these cute little prints (far left and far right) from another Etsy shop, iCherry Paper, for about $28.00. I painted some old wooden frames with white craft paint and framed them.
5. The picture in the middle is from this Etsy shop, BySamantha, and can be made to order. I paid about $20 for it and again, used an old frame and painted it white.
6. King Size Headboard: I’ve seen a bunch of headboards on pinterest that are made with old doors. Well, I had a free door from a neighbor and it wasn’t old or cute or rustic. So I decided to go ahead and upholster it instead of paint it. I just bought one curtain panel from Target and used a staple gun to secure the panel to the door. I was careful to pull super tight so that the panels on the door wouldn’t be seen. I got a little picture hanging kit for about $3.00 at Walmart (it said it would hang pictures up to 100 lbs) and followed the instructions to hang the headboard behind the bed. The only problem with this is that sometimes it isn’t totally level. I will probably secure the headboard with some legs eventually.
7. These yellow paisley curtains were from Target and cost me about $25 for each panel.
8. The bench was a cream color and I upholstered right over it with a piece of fabric from JoAnn’s fabric. This was surprisingly super duper easy and it looks great.
9. This was my old brown pillow that I covered with a pillow cover from Deco Mod.
Overall, the bedroom makeover was just under $300. There are still a few things I want to change and add but overall I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.