So you’re in charge of the green beans for Thanksgiving this year? Why not try a new recipe for green beans this year instead of the same old same old? This recipe is seriously sooooo yummy! I couldn’t stop eating it. My husband and his friend and I polished it off in about 2 minutes. If you can’t bear to part with your regular green bean casserole then you’ll definitely have to try this on another day because it’s delish!
Fresh green beans that are roasted for optimal flavor along with sliced mushrooms and panko bread crumbs. Finally, it’s topped with a delicious, creamy, indulgent hollandaise sauce.
Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms with Creamy Hollandaise Sauce
A new “green bean casserole” for your Thanksgiving dinner table
Makes 8-10 servings
For the Green Beans:
1 lb of white mushrooms, sliced
2 lbs of fresh thin French-styel cut green beans (you can find these at Costco in the produce section)
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
Pepper to taste
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
3 Oakdell Egg yolks
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp paprika
Dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
2. Wash green beans and trim the ends. Cut beans in half.
3. Place green beans and mushrooms in a large bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and Panko bread crumbs. Use a spoon to stir the beans and coat them really well with the olive oil. Pour the beans onto the cookie sheet. Spread out as much as possible.
4. Place cookie sheet in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Check for doneness, if needed cook a few minutes longer.
5. While beans are cooking, prepare the Hollandaise sauce. Whisk egg yolks, water and lemon juice in small saucepan until blended. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles at the edges.
6. Stir in butter, 1 piece at a time, until butter is melted and until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat as soon as sauce is thickened.
7. Stir in salt, paprika and pepper.
8. Spread the cooked green beans onto a platter. Drizzle hollandaise sauce over the top of the beans and serve immediately.
Tags: green bean recipe, green beans, recipe, side dish, Thanksgiving, thanksgiving recipe