If you’re a big fan of carrot cake with the delicious cream cheese frosting than I think you’ll love these cookies! Yum! They are soft, chewy and have a delicious, creamy middle. I dare you to just eat one!
Actually, I’m not usually a fan of non-chocolate cookies but these were awesome! I could not stop eating them!
My kids thought it was weird that I was putting carrots into my cookie dough but after they tried a cookie they weren’t saying anything but YUM! I didn’t opt to put raisins in these cookies, but if that is your thing then be my guest!
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting:
Makes about 10 sandwich cookies
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, sugars and vanilla until smooth. Gently stir in the carrots and applesauce.
2. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into the wet ingredients. Stir gently with a spatula until combined.
3. Fold in the oats and raisins, if desired.
4. Form dough into uniform balls (I used about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough for each cookie) and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes. Then carefully remove parchment and cookies from pan and let cool on counter for 15 minutes.
6. While cookies are baking and cooling, prepare the frosting. Use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until creamy. Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat until desired consistency.
7. Spread cream cheese frosting between two cooled cookies. Repeat with the rest. Eat and enjoy! Store extra cookies in an airtight container. (These cookies freeze well)