Your neighbor had a baby, your friend’s Mom died, you have a new neighbor down the street. There are many reasons that you may want to bring someone dinner. The problem is that you don’t want to bring a hot dinner over if they’ve already prepared something for that evening…plus what if you’re not that confident in your cooking abilities? Here’s a perfect solution. Make a taco meal in a box. It’s cute, easy to put together and who doesn’t like tacos?!
This is what I did: Grabbed a shoe box and wrapped it in foil (I couldn’t find any cute wrapping paper at my house). Then I gathered together my ingredients. I added
- 1 package of tortillas
- 1 lb of ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 zipper baggie full of grated cheese
- 1 zipper baggie full of lettuce
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 ripe avocao
- 2 Tbsp of homemade taco seasoning (I put mine in an old spice container, but you could use a little baggie)
- Other ideas: salsa and sour cream
What a fun surprise to receive on a ho-hum Tuesday! When they get their Taco Tuesday ingredients they can use it that night or store in the fridge for Wednesday or Thursday. What a great and easy way to let a friend know you are thinking about them!