I saw a picture of a cookie pizza on my friend’s instagram and thought that I definitely need to make my own version. Like I said before, I am not a big fan of cake. I’d rather have this kind of dessert for my birthday than cake. What’s ironic about that statement is that the cookie crust is actually made out of a yellow cake mix. It makes it super fast to make. In fact, you can probably make this dessert from start to finish in 45 minutes.
Why not make this cookie pizza for a kids birthday party? It would be MUUUUCH easier than making a birthday cake that’s not going to look that great anyhow (at least mine never look the way they do in the pictures!). Just think of all the fun toppings that you can add! Some ideas are:
- Gummy bears
- Sour patch kids
- Pop rocks
- Reese’s Pieces
- Junior Mints
- Swedish Fish
- Jelly Belly
- Hershey’s Kisses
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza with Fun Toppings
Makes 8 large pieces (serves 16 people)
- 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix, unprepared
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Nutella to spread as frosting OR chocolate frosting (store bought or your own homemade frosting)
- Up to 8 different toppings of your choice (I used coconut, m&ms, chocolate chips, caramel bits, oreos, melted peanut butter, sprinkles, marshmallows)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl combine the dry cake mix, oil and eggs. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
2. Spray a pizza pan with non stick cooking spray. Using the palms of your hands spread the dough evenly throughout the pizza pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Do not overbake. It should barely be getting brown (see picture above).
3. Let the cookie cool completely. I put mine in the fridge or freezer to let it get cool quicker.
3. When the cookie is completely cooled spread frosting or Nutella on top. (If you don’t like chocolate you can use whatever kind of frosting you like!)
4. Using a butter knife, lightly score the surface of the frosting and divide it into 8 equal pieces. (In half, half again and half again).
5. Sprinkle your desired toppings evenly into each 8th of the cookie pizza.
6. Slice and serve!
Like this post? Try my other dessert specialties:
- Copy Cat Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert
- Brownie Coconut Cookies
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
- Fruit Pizza with Nutella and Cookie Dough Crust