Utah Art Market is this weekend, May 2nd and 3rd, at the Sugarhouse Garden Center. It’s a great spot to hunt for unique Mothers Day gifts.
If you’ve never been to Art Market, you’re missing out. Here is what I like about it:
1. Art Market is held in a small venue. The focus is on quality, handmade goods–not quantity. You can easily shop the whole area in an hour.
2. There is no pressure to buy. The art is there, not the artists. I love Art Festivals, but sometimes when the artists are at the table, I feel nervous and pressured to buy. I like walking through Art Market feeling no obligation except to look around.
3. You can find things there you can’t find anywhere else. I don’t know about your mom, but mine is tough to buy for. Most gifts I think of she already has or, if she wanted it, she would have already bought it. Art Market has gifts neither of us have thought of before, but both of us love. And unlike an Etsy shop, you can touch before you buy, and there is no shipping.
4. Everything is reasonably priced. It’s an exclusive art show that doesn’t cost like one.
5. Art Market is stocked by local artists. The jewelry, pottery, home décor, pillows, candy, blankets, accessories, frames– everything there–is created by artists in our own city. It’s an impressive, beautiful display.
Here are the specifics:
DATE: Friday, May 2nd and Saturday, May 3rd
TIME: 10 am to 7 pm on Friday, 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday (But if you wait until late Saturday afternoon, most everything is gone!)
PLACE: Sugarhouse Garden Center, 1602 E 2100 S. It is just up from Sugarhouse Park.
CONTACT: 801 746 9633
More on Today’s Mama: