We’ve got your spring break plans nailed down. Well, at least one of those days, we’ve got that day nailed down.
Here’s what you’e going to do:
Grab tickets to the new “Power of Poison” exhibit at the Natural History Museum of Utah
This is probably our very favorite traveling exhibit that has visited NHMU. Our kids LOVED it. It’s exotic, creepy, and mysterious. It’s even got a bit of magic! Check out this interactive book that looks like it’s straight from the pages of Harry Potter:
A post shared by TodaysMama.com (@todaysmama) on
Some other things to check out:
- Explore a remote Colombian forest and meet live animals that use poison in their daily struggle to survive and thrive.
- Investigate some of history’s most intriguing poisoning cases, many of which remain unsolved to this day.
- Find out which tales of illness, enchantment, or death by poison—from Shakespeare to Snow White—contain kernels of truth.
- Learn how studying poison’s effects on human cells helps scientists figure out how to protect, repair, and heal us.
- Watch a live theatrical performance, Poison Live!, that examines a real-world poisoning case from the 1830s
Other favorite included the poisonous frogs and the mystery poisoning storytelling (don’t miss that one)!
You can get your tickets HERE or at the front desk.
Bust a move, this exhibit is only around until April 16th 2017!
There’s always so much to do at the museum – you can literally fill the day!